Thank you so much to the fascinating and talented Cassandra Griffin for presenting me with this lovely award! I’m very fond of the fanciful Victorian script design. It will be hard to come up with 7 things about me that are as interesting as her 7 things (RN turned trucker, for example), but here goes…
1. My first apartment was in a Boston brownstone which once housed a funeral parlor. The scariest thing about it was the shag carpet. In the kitchen.
2. On our honeymoon, my husband and I broke a bed and set off the smoke alarm in a hotel in Halifax. No, we weren’t doing what you’re thinking.
3. I had devil-phobia when I was a child (this deserves its own post so that’s all I’ll say for now).
4. When I was three years old I learned to shift gears in a TR3, but then forgot how.
5. I’m a very cheap drunk.
6. My favorite ride at Disney World is Expedition Everest (for all the fun stuff leading up to the ride, as well as the ride itself).
7. I’m the official bat-catcher in our family. We’ve had three “incidents” so far.
- Display the logo in your blog to show you’ve been nominated.
- Link back to your nominator.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
- Notify your nominees.
If I nominate you and you don’t want to play, no worries. If you do decide to play, please let me know so I can learn 7 interesting things about you!
In no particular order, here are my nominees:
1. Jennifer Glenn Bartow who makes the best creepy Barbie doll videos ever
2. Kara Glenn-Bartow (Ha! Now you can’t nominate each other. I’m evil like that.)
3. Joan Reginaldo word-magician.
4. Stephen Alix my “source” for tattoo expertise and huggy Twitter chats.
5. Michaela Stoughton fellow Salem witchcraft trial enthusiast and animal-hoarder, um, I mean animal-lover.
6. Veronica Park damn funny woman, even when not tipsy.
7. Jessie Devine best role-player in the Twitterverse and she can cut her own hair and it looks fab.
8. Paula Harvey writer-director-office slave, whose work stories sound very much like my old work stories…only funnier.
9. T. J. Loveless because of bacon and lap-dances. If you missed all that on Twitter, I should probably be glad.
10. Laura Oliva hot tamale.
11. Vicki Weavil new and enthusiastic Thursday’s Child, love that!
12. Shanah Wooldrage because she has a hedgehog, and also whenever I see her name I must say it at least six times. With a British accent.
13. Brooks Benjamin also because of bacon Did you know we’re coauthoring a book? It’s going to be a sizzler.
14. Vaughn Roycroft who’s one of the nicest, most supportive guys in Writerland, and because of 80s music.
15. Karen Lee Hallam jazz singer, writer, mom, workaholic, yup she needs a few more awards, but no more hats.