Thank you so much to the fascinating and talented Cassandra Griffin for presenting me with this lovely award! I’m very fond of the fanciful Victorian script design. It will be hard to come up with 7 things about me that are as interesting as her 7 things (RN turned trucker, for example), but here goes…
1. My first apartment was in a Boston brownstone which once housed a funeral parlor. The scariest thing about it was the shag carpet. In the kitchen.
2. On our honeymoon, my husband and I broke a bed and set off the smoke alarm in a hotel in Halifax. No, we weren’t doing what you’re thinking.
3. I had devil-phobia when I was a child (this deserves its own post so that’s all I’ll say for now).
4. When I was three years old I learned to shift gears in a TR3, but then forgot how.
5. I’m a very cheap drunk.
6. My favorite ride at Disney World is Expedition Everest (for all the fun stuff leading up to the ride, as well as the ride itself).
7. I’m the official bat-catcher in our family. We’ve had three “incidents” so far.
- Display the logo in your blog to show you’ve been nominated.
- Link back to your nominator.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
- Notify your nominees.
If I nominate you and you don’t want to play, no worries. If you do decide to play, please let me know so I can learn 7 interesting things about you!
In no particular order, here are my nominees:
1. Jennifer Glenn Bartow who makes the best creepy Barbie doll videos ever
2. Kara Glenn-Bartow (Ha! Now you can’t nominate each other. I’m evil like that.)
3. Joan Reginaldo word-magician.
4. Stephen Alix my “source” for tattoo expertise and huggy Twitter chats.
5. Michaela Stoughton fellow Salem witchcraft trial enthusiast and animal-hoarder, um, I mean animal-lover.
6. Veronica Park damn funny woman, even when not tipsy.
7. Jessie Devine best role-player in the Twitterverse and she can cut her own hair and it looks fab.
8. Paula Harvey writer-director-office slave, whose work stories sound very much like my old work stories…only funnier.
9. T. J. Loveless because of bacon and lap-dances. If you missed all that on Twitter, I should probably be glad.
10. Laura Oliva hot tamale.
11. Vicki Weavil new and enthusiastic Thursday’s Child, love that!
12. Shanah Wooldrage because she has a hedgehog, and also whenever I see her name I must say it at least six times. With a British accent.
13. Brooks Benjamin also because of bacon Did you know we’re coauthoring a book? It’s going to be a sizzler.
14. Vaughn Roycroft who’s one of the nicest, most supportive guys in Writerland, and because of 80s music.
15. Karen Lee Hallam jazz singer, writer, mom, workaholic, yup she needs a few more awards, but no more hats.
You rascal, you 🙂
Takes one to know one…
You are completely fascinating. Ah, shag carpet. My parents had shag carpet in hot pink, red, and orange (all mixed together) in the bathroom. With pink beads in the windows. And hot pink paint on the cabinetry. Oh yes, they did.
I could live with all that Summer of Love scheme EXCEPT for the carpet. *shudder* Carpet in bathrooms and kitchens should be illegal.
I cracked up at the whole set the honeymoon suite on fire. You were cooking bacon, weren’t you?
I’ll never tell 😉
Thanks, Rhiann!! You are hilarious! Love your answers. But what is a TR3? And how’d you get the 3 so tiny? funny girl. 🙂
my question has been answered. The 3 got tiny with your font. lol.
Yes, the font that wreaks havoc with ” marks in Linky list html. Out out damned font… Send you a photo of a TR3.
LOVE that carrrrr. must hear how little Miss 3 yo got into the driver’s seat. 🙂
Haha, I think there will be lots of people making up reasons for number 2. But I know the truth… You were obviously jumping on the bed and forgot about your pancakes on the stove 🙂
I’m thinking number 2 is becoming it’s own Flash Fiction thingy 🙂