The clever and lovely Raewyn Hewitt, who has thus far eluded my not so subtle attempts to conscript her as a Thursday’s Child*, has awarded me this…
I think maybe she’s trying to distract me, or buy me off. What do you think?
Anyway, here are the rules for those I’m about to nominate. I tried to secure advance cooperation from most of you, but if you don’t want to play, I forgive you.
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you *points at self*
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
Here are Seven Revelations about Me
1. High places make me want to kill myself. Literally. I NEED to jump. Ferris wheels, hotel balconies, the Eiffel Tower, stepladders. Yes, even stepladders. It’s not funny.
2. Following the Cheesecake Incident of 2005, I was banned from making birthday desserts. The cake batter was supposed to be chilled, then baked. I forgot the baking part, removed the springform ring at the table, et voilà – cheesecake soup tidal wave.
3. Monkeys give me the creeps. Anyone who craves my death should bring me to the edge of the Grand Canyon and release a monkey. We’re all friends here, right?
4. A couple of years ago I bumped shopping carts with Barbara and Laura Bush at WalMart. Fortunately, the Secret Service people didn’t perceive it as an act of terrorism.
5. One of the weirdest and yet coolest places I’ve ever experienced is Les Catacombes in Paris. Those things she’s looking at are artistically arranged skulls and other bones. The passageways go on and on…
6. I was sworn at, bitten, scratched, slapped, and kicked at my first post-college job. On a more or less daily basis.
7. When I was 8, a drawing I did of a tiger appeared in Highlights Magazine. I was still getting “fan mail” when I was 15 (yeah, those doctors’ office issues never really die).
Alrighty, enough about me… Here in no particular order are my nominees. Please hold your applause until the end.
1. Laura Oliva
5. Lena Roy
6. Owyn Cooper
7. J Luis Licea
*Thursday’s Children is a weekly Blog Hop open to all writers who want to share their writerly inspirations with other writers. You can join every week, or just once, or whatever you like. Some of my nominees are Thursday’s Children, and the rest of you are always welcome. For more about the blog hop click here.